Udemy is becoming a popular online learning platform with many courses on variety of categories. Udemy Android Application provide the feature for offline version of your paid courses where you can download Udemy Videos to your device to view at later times. But you are not allowed to do the same on the desktop which becomes a difficulty for people in low internet bandwidth places. Copying the downloaded files from mobile to Desktop (PC) is also not a viable option as the Udemy stores then in a random numbered folder. Thus arranging or renaming them becomes a difficult task.
Things that you need:
- Udemy-dl for Windows.
- An Udemy account with a Paid course.
Note: This Only works if your course is paid. Buy Courses to support Course Instructors.
Steps to Download Udemy Videos
- Extract the downloaded file udemy-dl-win-X.X.X.zip.
- Find the udemy-dl.exe file in the extracted folder and open the command prompt there. Tips: press shift + right click and select “Open command window here”.
- Type the following command,
udemy-dl.exe https://www.udemy.com/COURSE_NAME. Where COURSE_NAME is the name of the course that you want to download.
- When you are done, press enter it will ask for your Email address and Password of your Udemy account.
- The download will start now if your credentials and URL are correct.In this example i have used my Java tutorial course. so my command looks like :
- The file will be download in a new folder with the course name.
For further reference see the Github Repository. Happy E-Learning.