After a very long time the most anticipated web (browser) version of the WhatsApp called WhatsApp Web, which can be used to run your WhatsApp in browser has been rolled out officially by the WhatsApp. This could be a great news for all those who have missed the message from your loved ones, because you have been working on your desktop for a long time.
One thing that you will not be happy with this Web version of WhatsApp is that your phone should be online continuously i.e. connected to the internet.
- Get an updated version of WhatsApp to your android device.
- Your phone should have a camera in order to scan the QR code which will be displayed in web.WhatsApp.com
Instructions to use WhatsApp in browser
- Get an updated version of WhatsApp to your android device (Update WhatsApp).
- After updating close and open the WhatsApp app. Then in the Menu click “WhatsApp Web”.
Note: Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry and Nokia S60 users can find “WhatsApp Web” in Menu of WhatsApp, while BlackBerry 10 users need to swipe down from top of the app screen to go to “WhatsApp Web”. Tap on it and scan the QR code opened on your computer.
- Now you will be given some instructions on scanning the QR code.
- Go to web.WhatsApp.com. Now you will see a QR code opened on your browser.
- Scan it with the camera such that the QR code is with in the box and wait for few seconds so that the QR code could be recognized by WhatsApp app.
- Once the scanning has been successful all your WhatsApp conversations will be mirrored on your PC’s browser with the help of WhatsApp web. You can also turn on desktop notifications to get notified of new message.
How to turn on desktop notifications for WhatsApp web
Once logged in to the WhatsApp web you will get a notification saying “Get notified of new message – Turn on desktop notification”.
So click “turn on desktop notification” to activate desktop notification’s.
Enjoy WhatsApp on web.