Telegram is an open source software developed by the Russian founders of Russia’s largest social network VK.com. It has been widely used as a WhatsApp alternative due its heavy encryption technology. Another major feature of the this messenger is that it can be used on a desktop computer. Telegram is available on various platforms Android, iOS, Windows, Mac OSX application and as web client.
Various ways to use Telegram on your computer
- Using Windows/Mac OSX/Linux application
- Using app from chrome web store
- Using a web client
Using Telegram windows application
- Unlike WhatsApp, Telegram has its own official application for windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. So download the application from the official website and install it.
- The telegram will now ask for your country code and phone number for verification using One Time Password(OTP) or voice call. All these steps all pretty much same as the WhatsApp.
- As you get verified, all your previous conversations and contacts will be imported.
Telegram app from chrome web store
You have to download and install the Telegram app for chrome from the chrome web store. All other steps are same as you done for the windows application.
Using a web client
For running telegram from a web client all that you need is a good browser. Just go this Link and verify yourself. So using this web client you can run Telegram from any platform which has a browser.
If you like to logout from any of your Telegram application or if you feel any suspicious activities you can terminate all your sessions by clicking Terminate all sessions from the settings option.