While using Windows you may come across a useful inbuilt tool called Snipping Tool which is very useful in capturing selected screen area. But unfortunately in Ubuntu there is no inbuilt tool to do this task. We have found a similar tool for Ubuntu named Shutter which has the similar functions as the windows Snipping Tool. Follow the simple instructions to install Shutter on Ubuntu.
Instructions to install Shutter in Ubuntu
1. Open your Ubuntu terminal. It can be also opened by using the Shortcut keys Ctrl+Alt+T.
2. Shutter cannot be directly installed, you must add shutter ppa repostitary to the list. Enter the following command in terminal. It asks for confirmation, confirm it. Now Shutter ppa will be added to the list.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:shutter/ppa
3. Now enter the following command to update the packages.
sudo apt-get update
4. Finally enter the command to install shutter on your Ubuntu PC.
sudo apt-get install shutter
5. Now Shutter will be installed. Open Shutter and select the Selection button to select the screen and capture.