Backup is the process of taking a copy of your Original Data and restoring when your Original data is lost. A few weeks back we experienced a huge problem in our website. Our wordpress database got corrupted somehow. Since we had our backup we restored our website in minutes. Backing up your website to remote storage like Dropbox, Google Drive makes it more secure. We are going to use a plugin called UpdraftPlus to backup your website to Dropbox. It also has options to backup you website to Google Drive, Amazon S3, Email etc.
Advantages of WordPress Backup
->Don’t need to worry about SEO, your exact website will be restored.
->Easy to switch from one hosting provider to other with no downtime.
->You don’t need to worry if your website gets hacked.
->Restore easily from Dropbox if your server got corrupted completely.
Steps to Backup WordPress Website to Dropbox
1. Download and Install this UpdraftPlus plugin.
2. Then open the plugin from Settings->UpdraftPlus Backups.
3. In the section Copying Your Backup To Remote Storage Select Dropbox from the drop down menu.
4. Then Select Authenticate with Dropbox , It asks for API access for your Dropbox account, allow it.
5. Then select Backup Now to backup immediately. When it finishes the backup process, the backup will be uploaded to Dropbox immediately.
6. You have option to take number of backups per day and retain number of backups.
7. You have option to choose what to backup such as plugins, uploads, themes etc.
Note. If you have thousands of WordPress posts with more images it would take huge time.
Any questions comment here