In this tutorial we are going to show you how to Setup Google Play Services and obtain SHA1 fingerprint. Google Play Services is required for Google API projects such as Maps,Google plus etc. SHA1 fingerprint is required to obtain API key for Google API projects. Beginners follow this tutorial to Setup Android SDK with Eclipse IDE. Setup Android SDK /IDE /AVD in Windows and Ubuntu
Setup Google Play Services
1. Open Eclipse.
2. Select Window->Android SDK Manager.
3. In SDK Manager Window Scroll down till you see Extras section. Under that select Google Play services and select Install.
4. Now Google Play services will be downloaded.
5. Now we must import this library to our project.
6. Select File->Import->Existing Android Code to Workspace.
7. Select the google-play-services_lib folder which will be in the path sdkextrasgooglegoogle_play_serviceslibprojectgoogle-play-services_lib , check copy projects into workspace. Then Press finish.
8. Now you have successfully imported Google Play services library to your workspace. Now you can use it Google API projects.
Obtain SHA1 fingerprint
We are going to obtain the SHA1 fingerprint from pc using Java Keytool.
1. Navigate to the installed java bin folder.
2. Select File->Open command prompt using File Explorer
3. In the command prompt enter the code
keytool -list -v -keystore "%USERPROFILE%.androiddebug.keystore" -alias androiddebugkey -storepass android -keypass android
4. You will get SHA1 fingerprint as shown in the image below.
5. This SHA1 fingerprint can be used to get API key for Google API projects.
For Linux and Mac
1. Open the terminal.
2. Enter the following code in terminal.
keytool -list -v -keystore ~/.android/debug.keystore -alias androiddebugkey -storepass android -keypass android
3. You will get SHA1 fingerprint as shown in the image below. This can be used for your projects.
Any questions comment here.